A ground steward/stewardess refers to staff members who are designated to carry out duties on the ground. Airlines/ companies employ personnel who work at airports to ensure smooth transport of passengers and their luggage to and from their airplanes. a person who performs this duty is called a ground staff/ ground steward/ stewardess or passenger service agent .Ground staff is hired by airlines to attend to passengers before /in-between / after a flight .People in this position work intensively with the public, answering questions and assisting passengers with various needs. Work hours can be adventurous due to the fact that all airports operate 24 hours a day.
Duties include, taking reservations, issuing tickets, verifying passenger’s identification, printing boarding passes and helping travelers to check in their baggage at ticket counters. These are some of the duties and responsibilities of a ground steward/ stewardess. The boom in the aviation industry has opened the door for the demand of ground staff. With the extremely lucrative nature of these jobs, the prospects for a career in the aviation industry are extremely bright. Qaha is best aviation ground staff training colleges in mumbai.
- Plan & arrange tour packages/ excursions & day trips
- Knowledge about local hotels and resorts of the customers preferred destination.
- Knowledgeable about what documents are mandatory for certain destinations
- Make alternate booking arrangements if changes arise
- Medical tourism, eco tourism, pilgrimage tourism
- Advise customers according to their needs & preferences
- Knowledge about the destinations current weather/ culture/ customs and tourist attractions
- Arrange different types of tour packages
- Calculate total travel costs
- Provide fare & schedule information
- Arrange travel packages for business and vacation customers
- THE MODERN BUSINESS
- ENVIRONMENT IN TRAVEL
- THE IMPORTANCE OF GEOGRAPHY IN TRAVEL PLANNING
- TRAVEL FORMALITIES AND MODALITIES
- WATER TRANSPORT –FERRIES
- LAND TRANSPORT –RAIL, CAR AND CAMPERS AND HOTELS
- THE ESSENTIALS OF AIR TRANSPORT
- TOUR PACKAGES
- CUSTOMER SERVICES
- THE ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY
- AIR FARES AND TICKETING
- COMPUTER RESERVATIONS SYSTEMS.
- GALILEO/FIDELIO/ABACUS AMADEUS / AND SABRE.
|Age||:||17 Yrs and above|
|Education Qualification||:||10+2 pass. Any stream|
|Physical Fitness||:||Class 2 medical cleared by a D.G.C.A approved doctor|
|Minimum Height||:||5.2 inch and above (Normal eyesight or correct vision with contact lenses, pleasing personality.)|
|QAHA is open to under graduates enrolling for the course, to be fully trained , ready to enter the industry and grow within their profession as the industry flourishes.|
|Programme Duration||:||9 months|
|Batches||:||A maximum of 28 students per batch only.|
|Facilities Provided||:||Fully equipped and well ventilated classrooms with audio/visual learning facility. Access to library and internet|
|Faculty||:||Highly qualified faculty with years of training experience.|
|Attendance||:||80% attendance is compulsory to ensure through training and competence in every area of the chosen course. All students are provided with a uniform and learning material, both in the form of soft and hard copies.|
|Assessment||Students are regularly assessed by QAHA to ensure they are able to cope with understanding the topic they are being taught . These assessments will aide the student in understanding the work profile of ground-staff in different departments and help the student by preparing them for the final assessment they will face in the event of being recruited by an airline.|